Taylor Otteman, a friend and supporter of the Wes Leonard Heart Team, is raising money for our foundation by running the NYC Marathon. Any and all donations made will go towards AED’s that can be donated to groups on our current waiting list.
Donate money to the Wes Leonard Heart Foundation, a non-profit 503c organization. Your money will go towards efforts in pursuit of the following goals: Lobby for legislation to mandate:
- All public and private schools have an adequate amount of Automated Electronic Defibrillators on site and are properly maintained.
- All school staff members including coaches and coaches assistants to be CPR and first aid certified and stay current within American Heart Association and American Red Cross standards.
- All schools have a comprehensive Emergency Action Plan that includes treating athletes, students, faculty and spectators on any school grounds during scheduled functions.
- All schools participate in regular drills to ensure proper procedures are carried out in emergency situations.
- All schools be required to use a comprehensive standard physical form to be filled out by qualified physicians and parents.
Raise money for research to:
- To help in the pursuit of a widely accepted cardiology screening that is reliable and accurate.
- To help fund research of a process or technology to advance the screening capabilities.
- To fund research in the field of cardiology to help reduce the number of lives lost every year to Sudden Cardiac Arrest, the biggest killer in the U.S.